Orville Lee Warren: A Sex & Murder Tale.

Orville Lee Warren was born 26 Jun 1896 in Sullivan County, TN. To William Warren (1876-1909) & Minnie Lee Gillespie (1879-1944). 


Orville Lee Warren & his 2nd wife Geneva Gladice Hammett, they called her Gladys. Here is a story of serial killers and their victims. I only have newspaper articles I didn't find any criminal records. A sex & Murder Tale.



1955




1955










Pg 2 for the above:





Page 2 for the above article




Orville was first married to Jennie Widner (1899-1985) they had the following children.



2nd wife Geneva "Gladys"Gladice Hammett was married before 

Her spouse:
Clarence Ray Hawk 


While the police were digging up bodies in Tennessee, Gladys daughter was pretty busy with armed robbery charges in Florida, here are the 2 articles I found.

Helen Valorene Hawk





1958


1958



1955 she refused to pressed charges against him.


I found a 1947 article for Orville put in a guilty plea for breaking into a grocery store.






Orville had 2 younger sisters that for some reason were adopted out. I am thinking she couldn't take take of them after her husband's death and that's why she put them up for adoption.


Hazel Irene Warren
1899–1971
Myrtle May Warren
1901–1992

Orville's mom Minnie re-married in 1904
Pettybone Truslow
1879–1941


Orville died 31 Aug 1976 in Johnson County, TN His 2nd wife Gladys died 9 Sep 1986 in Orange County, FL.

I stumbled upon this story through newspapers, I tried googling their story and surprisingly no one has written anything on it. I would like to see their criminal records I am sure there is more there. I also would like to know how many years they spent locked up. 

Here is a list of some the victims (I might have missed some)

Leonard Elwood Rankin
Josie Fair
Arthur Lee Breaser
George Allan Wash
Elmo R Hornsby
James Thomas Hause
Chappy Green
Thomas Caldwell



Comments

  1. I'm his great granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, feel free to use whatever I have for your family tree.

      Delete
    2. I'm his great great granddaughter. My nanny which is my grandmother is his granddaughter. She's Hazel's daughter.

      Delete
  2. Gwen I found this very interesting, like you I'd like to know the rest of the story. I'm sorry members of his extended family are bothered by this topic sadly we can not change the past and pretending things are not what they are usually does more harm then good. On a happier? Not I love that the Florida newspaper call Gladice"Gladys" his plump red-haired wife lol. Showing that even after demonstrating she was capible of murder she still was referred to as a wife first lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I agree with you. 99% of the time I get a comment from a family member excited to find a blog I wrote on their ancestor, and 80% of them never knew the story. Very few are up set, but the few that are make up for it.

      Delete
  3. I’m his great granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and feel free to use any of my research

      Delete

Post a Comment