Frederick Steinen Aka John G. Fisher Aka Fred Wachter

Frederick Steinen(Fred Stenier) was Born 4 May 1891 in Stein, Argon, Switzerland. 

Inmate: #45460Leavenworth Federal Prison
Rec: 22 Sep 1934
Crime: Using the US Mail to Defraud






He married Elsie Kern in Jan 1912 under the name of Fred Wachter. They had one child a son who went by P. H. Sample real name Frederick Wilmer Stiner.


I found a detailed record of his life before coming to America, his folks died when he was young and he had 2 brothers, he lived with his Aunt & Uncle until he was 16. 




Here is a list of letters he received, notice his wife, son and he had an Aunt in PA.




Fred was in and out of trouble almost since his feet hit American soil. He just could not seem to get it together. Leavenworth did an I.Q. test on him it was,  I.Q. 94.5 Slightly below the lower side of average.


Grand Larceny

17 Jul 1920 • New York City, New York, USA


Grand Larceny

27 Oct 1920 • New York City, New York, USA


Stolen Goods

19 May 1928 • Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Inmate: B-5985 Term: 1 yr


Leavenworth Federal Prison

22 Sep 1934 • Lansing, Leavenworth, Kansas, USA

Inmate: #45460 Leavenworth Case was tried in Chicago, IL for Mail Fraud


Kansas City Jail

4 Nov 1935 • Kansas City, Clay, Missouri, USA

Inmate: #2100/5617 Violation of Immigration Law as Johann Gottfried Stienen


Trenton New Jersey Jail

4 Jun 1936 • West Trenton, Mercer, New Jersey, USA

Inmate: #45728 hold up attempted kidnapping & robbery


New Brunswick, New Jersey Jail

3 Mar 1939 • New Brunswick, Middlesex, New Jersey, USA

Inmate: #3428 Highway robbery 9 months


New York City Jail

28 Mar 1941 • New York City, New York, USA

Inmate: #B-124824 Assault Robbery


Kings County New York Court

3 Apr 1941 • Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA

Attempted Robbery


Sing Sing Prison

7 May 1941 • New York City, New York, USA

Inmate: #99689 Attempted robbery 2nd degree Term: 12 yrs 6mo -15 yrs


The above I put together from the records below.







 Some of his alias'. Fred Weber, Fred Steiner and I am sure there are more.


I found his Sing Sing record although they did not show the bottom of his record for some reason.


This record states he has one brother and 2 sisters.

I found his WWII Draft Card


Fred died 10 Feb 1944 in Ossining, New York, USA, which is where Sing Sing is, I would bet because of his long sentence from 1941 he died there.

He had a wife and a child and he seemed to be very selfish, she was a dressmaker and had to provide for her child. He was pretty much all all over the place, NY, PA, KS, IL, NJ, MO. He had a great trade and a good business if he would of just stuck to working his bum off he could of had a very different life. I feel sad for the people he left behind. I am thinking he lacked empathy. 






Comments

  1. This is my Great Great Grandfather on my father's side. Would really like to speak to you about your research if at all possible. There is quite an interesting story about his lineage. Thanks,

    Leigh R. Barratt, Jr.
    San Diego, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your comment, you can email or message me on Ancestry...I made him a tree..Or you can leave me a comment here.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gwen. How would I go about finding that tree? Could you post a link for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure can...Here you go: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/172214701/person/192238906161/facts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment