William Peter Walters Aka Broncho Bill????

William Peter Walters was born about 1872.



Inmate: #1239 Nevada State Prison
Rec: 8 Mar 1909
Crime: Attempting to Break Jail
Term: 4 yrs



 I found some interesting newspaper articles for various years.


1907 Nevada Newspaper and the above William Walters.


1911 Nevada Newspaper



1911 Nevada newspaper


1898 San Francisco Newspaper

I am not 100% sure he is the famous Broncho Bill and funny thing is there was more than one. There was William Irving (1856-1903) who used Broncho Bill as an alias. He was the Famous Broncho Bill.

This man William Peter Walters died 8 March 1912 according to the prison record. 

Then there was this guy:

William E. "Bronco Bill" Walters (1869-1921) was an outlaw during the closing days of the Old West. He is best known for the legend of his "lost treasure", allegedly located in the area of Solomonville, Arizona. Bill Walters was born in Fort Sill, in Oklahoma Territory.

Was this guy the same guy as my William Peter Walters and they got his middle name wrong or was he lying about his middle name. I do not know but below is a photo of this Broncho Bill.



It could it be the same man???? Hard to tell. My William said he occupation was a Miner. If nothing else it makes for a good story and historical facts that there was more than one Broncho Bill in the world. Maybe William Peter Walters was just that and nothing else, if so, I didn't find any records for him beside his criminal record.





Comments

  1. Well I'm led to believe ive found the loot...just waiting to get my hands on a few metal detectors to go on my treasure mission. Anyone wanna come 20 years ago I found some coins n they were stolen from me i know the wear about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool, keep me posted I would love to know you found something.

      Delete

Post a Comment