William Chambers: Larceny

 William Chambers was born about 1894 in Pennsylvania.


Inmate #3594 at station #7 Pittsburg, PA jail

Arrested: 24 May 1919

Crime: Ent. & Larceny

Age: 24

Alias: William Neal


The 1940 Census has him as an inmate in the Allegheny Co. Jail at age 48.


He had a brother-in-law named John Neill 

He lived at 927 Jarvella St


Jewelry Heist says this newspaper article I found for his trial, all the clippings are from 1919.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/23583820/william-chambers-jewelry-store-heist/




I didn't find any newspaper articles about why he was in jail in the 1940 census. I believe this is his WWI Service Card.



His spouse might have been a lady named Cora. This is all I could find in my researching him.


I would like to know if the War had something to do with his decision for committing crimes or was it a problem finding a job?





Comments