Said Key/Said Kozahi: Conspiracy To Conceal Assets

Said Key was his name in America but in Syria it was Said Kozahi. He was Born 9 JUN 1893 in Shweet-Syria Turkey.


I found this wanted poster and decided to see if I could find any information for him. I did not find any newspaper articles but I did fin his Naturalization record.




He was living at 2508 Live Oak St in Dallas, TX, I am sure his home is no longer here but this would be the spot his home was, see photo below.



He was charged with concealment and conspiracy to conceal assets in bankruptcy from the estate of Key Oriental Rug Company in Dallas, TX at a value of $40,000 on 2 Feb 1927. 


As far as I can tell he split with the money or he split and did do any time. 


I do not know much about genealogy in Turkish families, but why were his brother's last names all Albert? Maybe his mother re-married had more kids, I am not sure. On his wanted poster some of his relatives are listed.


Brothers:

A.K. Albert lived at 2807 Live Oak St with him in Dallas, TX


H.K. Albert lived in Corsicana, TX

Paul Albert 1588 Linwood Ave, Detroit, MI

Sister:

Mrs. Max H Weinman 15074 Petoskey Ave, Detroit, MI

I found no other records not even his passenger list.


I would love to know more so if anyone finds a newspaper article or you are related please leave a comment, thank you.


I find this case very unusual and exciting, I just know there is more to this story.




 

Comments