Clyde Lashley: Burglary

Clyde Guy Lashley was born 12 Oct 1894 in Bedford, PA to Harry Lashley & Belle Perdie.


16 May 1912 Clyde was placed in the Wittier Reform School for rape, he was found not guilty, below is his records which I found on Ancestry.




 

He was sick and was sent to the hospital



Clyde was diagnosed as being exposed to  gonorrhea and lost the sight in his eye as a result. This is stated in his juvenile record.


Inmate: #26247 San Quentin Prison (California)
Rec: 25 Jan 1913
Crime: Burglary 1st Degree
Term: 2 yrs




Clyde died 25 Dec 1949 in Ohio. I am not sure if he married and had children or if he had any other convictions in other states, I did research him in newspapers but came up empty.

I think it's so sad that Clyde lost his eye sight from such an awful disease. I would like to know more about his younger life and why his parents split. Such a sad story.


As always I am so thankful to my readers and your comments, thank you so much. Until next time remember to add your naughty ancestors to your tree and happy hunting.





Comments