Gilbert R. Jones AKA Walter A. Scott: Obtaining Money Under False Pretenses

Gilbert was born about 1884 in Tennessee.


Inmate: #9601 Oregon State Prison
This mugshot was in his Idaho State Prison records. He also claimed to have been incarcerated in the Idaho State Prison in 1917 for a similar conviction. I tried to find those records as well as newspaper articles and I found nothing under Jones or Scott.







The Times-News
Twin Falls, Idaho
Wed, Jul 16, 1930 · Page 3

 Gilbert was pardoned a year later.


I am really wondering how they could of let him out after knowing he has been incarcerated in at least two prisons, has many alias' and will most likely do it again. Perhaps the prisons were getting full and they needed room for more hardcore criminals. I have noticed when researching that they sure give out pardons like they are tickets to a circus or something.


Is Gilbert even his actual name? I really doubt it unless they got that information from a source other than Gilberts mouth.


Here is a great source I found on American Pardons, I thought I would share it with you.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3235525

As always that you so much for stopping by and please check out my podcast on Anchor.com & my YouTube channel, give me a follow and a like. 



Comments